Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you interact and provide such information on our Sites such as, but not limited to, when applying for membership or registering for a MAASFEP event or program. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected on our Sites will vary based on the Services offered on the Sites, but may include, among other things, your name, address, phone number, billing and delivery information, e-mail address, credit card or other financial account information.
- Non-Personal Data: As you interact on our Sites, we may also collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information but may disclose other aspects of your browsing history or certain other information about you through the use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies and Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools.
How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including (but not limited to):
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Answer your emails or online requests
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Sharing with certain other companies to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below
- Sharing with third parties as required by law or to protect MAASFEP as described below
- Sharing your Email Address as permitted under MAASSFEP Email Policy as described below
- Payment by check for conferences is an option
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information With Certain Other Companies.
MAASFEP may share your email address name, with certain other companies (MAASFEP conference vendors and our national affiliate partner; NAFEPA) in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products or services that may be of interest to you, which helps contribute non-dues revenue to the MAASFEP.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect MAASFEP’s interests.
MAASFEP may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on MAASFEP; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of MAASFEP; or (c) protect the personal safety of MAASFEP personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
How to Manage The Sharing Of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including opting out of Email by contacting us. Additionally, if you prefer to receive mailings only from the MAASFEP and have your name and address removed from the list we provide to certain companies, please contact us.
We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
MAASFEP implements commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to certain companies who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Linking to other Internet sites
December 12, 2014