MAASFEP Student Scholarship Application
Thank you for your interest in our Scholarships!
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
This application must be completed in one session by FRIDAY, MAY 18th, 2018 You will not be able to save your progress. We suggest you work on your application in another application (Word or GoogleDocs) and copy and paste into this application when you are ready. You can view the application questions here, but it must be submitted through the online application form accessible at the bottom of this page.
You must also upload the required attachments to your application in order for it to be considered. We will not review incomplete applications. If you do not have access to electronic copies or a scanner, you may mail all the required documents marked with your name by FRIDAY, MAY 18TH, 2018 to:
PO Box 46447
Minneapolis, MN 55446
The Minnesota Association of Administrators of State and Federal Education Programs is pleased to offer three $2,000 scholarships to former or current Title I participants.
2018 MAASFEP Scholarships
- General MAASFEP Scholarship (2 year degree)
- Jessie Montano Educational Scholarship (4 year degree)
- Hilda Sanchez-Henke Memorial Scholarship (2 or 4 year degree)
Qualifications to Be Considered for All Scholarships
- An applicant must have graduated or plans to graduate from high school by June 2018.
- An applicant must indicate and display a desire for higher education (post-high school).
- An applicant must have a cumulative grade point average between 9-11 grades of 2.5 or better.
- An applicant’s 12th grade 1st semester grades must be 2.5 or better.
- An applicant should display a positive attitude and be a good role model.
- An applicant should exhibit an interest in school, community, and/or work related activities, i.e. student council, youth groups, sports, community service, etc.
- An applicant must complete required essay statements
Hilda Sanchez-Henke Memorial Scholarship Criteria
- An applicant must be of Hispanic descent and must have participated in the Title I and/or Migrant Education Programs.
- An applicant must verify their Hispanic descent-provide a copy of a school record or other formal document.
Information Required From Applicant
- Two letters of recommendation from persons other than a family member: (1 academic recommendation and one other from a teacher, minister, or community person).
- A statement from a Title I teacher, principal, or administrator documenting the applicant’s participation for at least one year in a Title I program.
- A copy of the applicant’s transcript
- A copy of the applicant’s current grades (grades 9-11) and most recent report card from 1st semester grade 12)
- The completed application
Submission Instructions and Review Process
- All information required by applicants for the scholarships must be submitted online by May 18, 2018.
- Upon review by the MAASFEP Scholarship Committee, those selected will be notified by May 30, 2018 and will be recognized at the MAASFEP 2018 Conference.
- A check for $2,000 will be issued jointly to the scholarship recipient and the institution of higher learning he/she is attending for the first year of attendance. The chair of the MAASFEP Scholarship Committee must be notified in writing by the institution of higher learning of the recipient’s enrollment and attendance at the institution. Payment will be made after the successful completion of 1st semester.